Press Release<< Back
Amazon Alexa Voice Service Coming Soon To DTS Play-Fi® Whole-Home Wireless Audio Ecosystem
Additionally, DTS is working with Play-Fi partners to bring far-field Alexa capabilities to DTS Play-Fi speakers through the Alexa Voice Service (AVS). These new devices include a set of far-field microphones built seamlessly into the DTS Play-Fi speaker system, enabling customers to use the Alexa voice service and advanced far-field microphone technology to control a variety of devices in their home with just their voice. Just like with the Amazon Echo and
The DTS Play-Fi ecosystem features the largest collection of products in the whole-home wireless space, with more than 30 interoperable speakers, soundbars and receivers from the top names in premium audio, including
DTS Play-Fi technology enables lossless multi-room wireless audio streaming from the world's most popular music services including Amazon Prime Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, KKBox, Napster, Qobuz, QQ Music, Pandora,
"Alexa has delighted customers with its ease-of-use, depth of skills, and broad support of connected consumer devices," said
"We're excited to bring Alexa to DTS Play-Fi customers next year," said
DTS Play-Fi technology provides listeners the freedom and flexibility to stream their music wirelessly in high-quality lossless audio from smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktop PCs over an existing home Wi-Fi network to any number of speakers throughout the home. The DTS Play-Fi platform allows products from different brands and manufacturers to interoperate seamlessly, giving listeners an optimized whole-home streaming experience without the constraints of a single brand system.
Benefits of DTS Play-Fi Technology
- Multi-Room, Multi-Zone, Multi-User Listening Experience: Connect multiple audio systems that incorporate Play-Fi technology into a zone and enjoy music in every room of your home, perfectly synchronized with no lag. Or create multiple zones and stream different music to different rooms from the same device. Play-Fi technology makes it possible for every user in the home to simultaneously stream from different devices and PCs that incorporate the Play-Fi software.
- Exceptional Sound Experience: Play-Fi technology wirelessly transmits high-quality lossless audio.
Whole-Home Range: Play-Fi technology works everywhere your Wi-Fi does, even if range extenders are used. It also works over Ethernet, Powerline, and other IP-based networking technologies. There is no need for proprietary bridges or routers. Most homes already have everything that is needed.
- Stream Anything. Control Everything: In addition to streaming music services, users can download Play-Fi apps for Android, iOS, and
Kindle Fireto gain access to more than 20,000 radio stations, podcasts, local music, media servers, and select cloud-based music services. Set-up, link and control all of the speakers on the network from the same streamlined interfaces.
- Audio/Video Synchronization with Windows PCs: DTS Play-Fi technology supports true audio/visual synchronization when streaming audio from
YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, or any other video source to a DTS Play-Fi speaker from a Microsoft Windows PC. DTS Play-Fi technology is the only multi-room streaming platform to offer lip-sync accurate synchronization with a video source, and the only whole-home platform with operating system-level integration compatible with every application and streaming service. The A/V sync feature is available for existing and new purchasers of the premium DTS Play-Fi HD Driver ( $14.95). Additionally, all DTS Play- Fi Windowssoftware supports Windows 10.
- Wireless Rear Surround: DTS Play-Fi technology continues to revolutionize the industry with the introduction of wireless surround technology to provide an immersive home theater environment with discrete 5.1 surround sound, which will begin rollout in Q4 2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amazon-alexa-voice-service-coming-soon-to-dts-play-fi-whole-home-wireless-audio-ecosystem-300334600.html
News Provided by Acquire Media