Press Release<< Back
Xperi Corporation to Showcase Latest Technologies From Its Family of Brands at CES 2018
Premium solutions and services from DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio and
Invensas to be showcased by
"We are proud to highlight the latest updates and partner implementation
progress across all of our brands and technologies," said
DTS continues to expand its commitment to the immersive audio experience at home, with new partner products and services integrating DTS Virtual:X™, DTS:X®, and DTS-HD® technologies, as well as DTS® Play-Fi® whole-home wireless audio technology. Demos of DTS audio solutions for the home at the Renaissance are by appointment only. Partners showcasing products with DTS solutions at CES include:
- Amazon - The Phorus PS10 DTS Play-Fi smart speaker with Amazon Alexa functionality.
Creative Labs- The X5 sound bar with DTS:X technology.
- Denon - New A/V receivers with DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X technology.
- Emotiva - The RMC-1 A/V processor with DTS:X technology.
- Hisense - The HS512 sound bar with DTS:X technology.
LG - Adopting the DTS-HD codec in its UHD and full
HD TVs in 2018, as well as introducing DTS Virtual:X technology into a
new sound bar, model SK6Y, and select televisions that will launch in
Europe, the Middle Eastand Asiain 2018.
- Marantz - New A/V receivers with DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X technology.
- Nakamichi - The Shockwafe Ultra 9.2-channel sound bar system and the Shockwafe Elite 7.2-channel sound bar feature DTS:X technology.
- Onkyo - New 2018 A/V receivers including DTS:X and DTS Play-Fi technology. (Note: DTS Play-Fi technology is in select new A/V receivers)
- Pioneer and Pioneer Elite - New 2018 A/V receivers with DTS:X technology and DTS Play-Fi. (Note: DTS Play-Fi technology is in select new A/V receivers)
- Sony - A new line-up of DTS:X-enabled A/V receivers for 2018, as well as the award-winning HT-ST5000 sound bar with DTS:X technology.
- Soundcast - The VG10, the world's first wireless outdoor speaker enabled with DTS Play-Fi technology.
The Prime Wirelessspeaker system and the Prime WirelessSoundBase with DTS Play-Fi technology.
Works with Amazon Alexa functionality for DTS Play-Fi
technology - The Pioneer
Elite Smart SpeakerF4, Onkyo Smart Speaker P3 and the Phorus PS10 Smart Speaker now support Works with Amazon Alexa functionality, allowing consumers to control their wireless multi-room audio system from an Amazon Echo, Show or Dot. Additional DTS Play-Fi-enabled products, including the Klipsch Stream wireless multi-room audio lineup and products from Macintosh Labs, MartinLogan and THIEL Audio, will add the capability by the end of Q1 2018.
MOBILE, PC, AR/VR AND GAMING
DTS continues to expand its footprint with key partners across its offerings for gaming, AR/VR, PC and mobile products. New partnerships and partner demos at CES include:
Osterhout Design Group(ODG) - Xperi's advanced sensory signal processing, audio and imaging technologies, including DTS:X® Ultra 1.0 audio technology and depth sensing technology from FotoNation, enables an incredibly immersive experience on the new R-8 and R-9 Smartglasses from ODG. FotoNation's depth sensing technology changes how users interact with their surroundings by delivering impressive visual realism in AR environments. DTS:X Ultra 1.0 technology virtualizes sounds and accurately represents sound sources in a 3D environment relative to the listener.
- vTime - DTS has partnered with vTime, a virtual meeting and collaboration space that works across all VR platforms available today. vTime allows a group of up to four people to meet virtually in simulated locations anywhere in the world. DTS® Custom technology for VR and AR provides a fantastic 3D audio experience for all vTime-supported devices, including Android (Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, Google Daydream), PC (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift) and Windows Mixed Reality.
Additionally, DTS is launching several new audio solutions, including:
- DTS Headphone:X® 2.0 for Gaming Headphones - The newest generation DTS Headphone:X 2.0 was designed with gamers in mind. Building on market-tested, user-approved 3D virtualization over headphones, DTS has made major improvements in the latest update, such as introducing proximity cues and support for channel-based, scene-based and object-based audio.
- DTS® Audio Processing 1.0 for Mobile Phones and Tablets - DTS Audio Processing 1.0 provides must-have post-processing, including dialog enhancement, optimized bass response and micro-speaker distortion prevention. DTS Audio Processing 1.0 also includes up to three configurable content preset modes to provide an amazing listening experience for any content type.
- DTS:X® Premium 1.0 for Mobile Phones and Tablets - For the best-sounding multi-channel audio for media playback, the DTS:X Premium 1.0 solution provides amazing 3D audio across multiple stereo modes and multi-channel support for up to 7.1 channels. It includes four configurable content presets and comes with the DTS-HD® Master Audio decoder, providing listeners access to a world of high quality content.
- DTS:X® Ultra 1.0 for PC and Mobile - This product represents DTS' best immersive audio experience for games, VR and AR experiences. DTS:X Ultra supports 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel audio, enables first-order ambisonics sound extraordinary and provides support for audio objects. Additionally, redesigned post-processing for speaker and headphone routes include enhanced bass response, an ultra-realistic head tracker and headphone tuning for up to six pre-loaded, featured headphones.
AUTOMOTIVE AND BROADCAST
HD Radio® technology delivers the high
quality digital broadcast of local AM/FM stations. Forty automotive
brands are currently shipping vehicles in
The DTS Connected Radio™ platform combines both over-the-air analog/digital AM/FM radio content with IP-delivered content, creating an innovative AM/FM experience in vehicles. DTS Connected Radio receives metadata, such as artist and song title, directly from local radio broadcasters, which is then paired with IP-delivered content, creating an engaging in-vehicle hybrid radio experience. DTS Connected Radio is planned to be commercially available in the second half of 2018.
HD Radio and DTS Connected Radio broadcast technologies will be showcased at CES at Xperi's booth in the LVCC North Hall, #5624, including:
The latest HD Radio audio and data features will be on display from
Mercedes, Hyundai, Volvo, Honda,
Fiat Chryslerand Subaru.
The latest home, portable and aftermarket products with HD Radio
solutions from leading manufacturers including Alpine, Pioneer,
Clarion, Sony, Outlaw, VQ, Sparc and Sangean.
A demonstration of what DTS Connected Radio looks like in
New York, Paris, London, Shanghai, Sydneyand more locations, as well as how it creates an engaging in-vehicle broadcast radio experience, globally.
For more than 20 years, FotoNation has been a global leader in computer vision and computational photography solutions through its innovative technologies that have been deployed in more than 3.3 billion devices worldwide. Additionally, the company has maintained market leadership in the fast-growing facial analytics segment. FotoNation will showcase its latest technologies at CES in the North Hall, #5642 and the Renaissance by appointment, including:
- IrisXR™ - First in its class, highly secure (a false acceptance rate of 1 in 10 million) and with state-of-the-art liveliness detection to prevent spoofing, IrisXR is a product for the AR, VR and MR markets.
- 3D Face Recognition - Tapping into the capabilities of dual camera systems, 3DFR unleashes unprecedented accuracy in liveliness detection.
- Driver Identification - Seamless and accurate in-cabin security and customization options, based on driver identity via iris recognition technology.
- Electronic Image Stabilization - Software-hardware EIS implementation that delivers the best video experience on the move by correcting for six degrees of freedom and all distortion types.
- Face Detection X - Driven by convolutional neural networks (CNN) technology, Face Detection X is FotoNation's next-generation face analytics technology.
- Image Processing Unit - A fully programmable specialized IP core that delivers more than 20 pre-integrated features. It is highly customizable depending on the targeted market, be it mobile, home or auto.
- VR Portrait Enhancement - FotoNation's seventh-generation face beautification suite brings together 19 dedicated features that combine the best imaging technologies available for flawless portraits in a spherical VR display space.
Invensas' DBI® and ZiBond® semiconductor bonding solutions are foundational technologies for next-generation electronics. These solutions currently enable the image sensors in billions of smartphones and tablets around the world. DBI technology is a low-temperature hybrid wafer bonding solution that allows wafers to be bonded with scalable fine pitch 3D electrical interconnect without requiring bond pressure. ZiBond is a low-temperature homogenous direct bonding technology that forms strong bonds between wafers or die with same or different coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE).
At CES, Invensas will showcase its DBI technology in sensor enhancement
applications in automotive and mobile devices at the
Successful transfer of DBI technology to SMIC, one of the
leading semiconductor foundries in the world, and
Teledyne DALSA, one of the world's foremost pure-play MEMS foundries, for image sensor and MEMS devices for mobile, automotive, consumer electronics and other markets.
- Sony's back-side illuminated (BSI) image sensor utilizes DBI technology and is integrated into many of the latest premium smartphone models, including the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and Apple iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus.
- Invensas' bonding technology has been licensed by OmniVison.
- ZiBond technology is used in the industry's first three-layer stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM for smartphones from Sony.
- Invensas continues to work closely with MEMS suppliers for ZiBond and DBI adoption in automotive and consumer applications that are expected to be announced shortly.
For more information about
About Xperi Corporation
DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas,
PR Agency Contact:
The Brand Amp
News Provided by Acquire Media