Press Release<< Back
Xperi Corporation to Showcase Latest Technologies at Mobile World Congress 2018
Newest audio, broadcast, imaging and semiconductor solutions from DTS, FotoNation and Invensas to be featured by
"We are proud to highlight the continued evolution across our family of brands at
DTS, a global leader in advanced audio solutions since 1993, continues to expand its adoption across mobile devices. The latest partner news includes integrated audio solutions in new devices from ASUS, LG and Onkyo:
- ASUS - ASUS' next-generation smartphone, to be announced shortly, will integrate DTS Headphone:X® technology to provide the best virtualized listening experience over any headphones or earbuds. As with previous ASUS smartphones with DTS Headphone:X® technology, consumers will be able to choose between presets optimized for listening to music, movies, or games.
- LG - The new K10 smartphone features integrated DTS:X® audio technology, exclusively created for LG, combined with a multi-channel codec featuring a suite of advanced technologies to deliver a premium audio experience.
- Onkyo - Onkyo's newest tablet, to be announced shortly, will be the world's first product to launch with DTS:X® Premium 1.0 technology for mobile devices, which delivers up to 7.1 channels of surround sound and includes four configurable content presets. The tablet will also feature integrated DTS Play-Fi® streaming capability. Users can connect up to 16 DTS Play-Fi products to stream any audio content, from music apps to video streaming, while perfectly syncing everything on-screen with the connected DTS Play-Fi products.
The following DTS audio solutions and partner implementations will be demonstrated at
- DTS® Audio Processing 1.0 for Mobile Phones and Tablets - DTS Audio Processing 1.0 provides must-have post-processing, including dialog enhancement, optimized bass response and micro-speaker distortion prevention. DTS Audio Processing 1.0 also includes up to three configurable content preset modes to provide an amazing listening experience for any type of content.
- DTS:X® Premium 1.0 for Mobile Phones and Tablets - For the best-sounding multi-channel audio for media playback, the DTS:X Premium 1.0 solution provides amazing 3D audio across multiple stereo modes and multi-channel support for up to 7.1 channels. It includes four configurable content presets and comes with the DTS-HD® Master Audio decoder, providing listeners access to a world of high quality content.
- DTS:X® Ultra 1.0 for PC and Mobile - This product represents DTS' best immersive audio experience for games, VR and AR experiences. DTS:X Ultra supports 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel audio and provides support for audio objects. Additionally, redesigned post-processing for speaker and headphone routes include enhanced bass response and headphone tuning for up to six pre-loaded, featured headphones.
Osterhout Design Group(ODG) - The new R-8 and R-9 Smartglasses from ODG showcase DTS:X Ultra 1.0 audio technology as well as FotoNation's depth-sensing technology to deliver an incredibly immersive user experience. DTS:X Ultra 1.0 technology improves micro-speaker presentation and virtualizes sounds that accurately represent sound sources in a 3D environment relative to the listener. FotoNation's depth-sensing technology creates real-time depth map data of an environment that will integrate with interactive applications to provide visual occlusion of virtual objects in relation to real world objects (i.e. a virtual object will vanish behind a real world object).
- vTime - DTS has partnered with vTime, the world's leading sociable network in VR. Completely cross-platform, vTime allows users to meet, chat and share with up to three other people, from anywhere in the world, inside a growing library of incredible virtual destinations or their own 360 photos. DTS® Custom technology for VR and AR provides a fantastic 3D audio experience for all vTime-supported devices, including Android (Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, Google Daydream, Google Cardboard), iOS, and PC (Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality).
For more than 20 years, FotoNation has been a global leader in computer vision and computational photography solutions through its innovative technologies that have been deployed in more than 3.3 billion devices worldwide. Additionally, the company has maintained market leadership in the fast-growing facial analytics segment. At
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) - Delivering the best video experience by correcting for six degrees of freedom, all distortion types and high frequency vibrations. One library with three deployment modes - low latency, real time and deferred correction. One solution with two deployment modes - EIS Pro (hybrid software-hardware deployment) and EIS Standard (software deployment).
FaceSafe™ - This new depth-based solution for mobile devices will be introduced and demonstrated at
Mobile World Congress2018. Featuring neural network technology and state of the art liveness detection to prevent spoofing, FaceSafe fuses depth information with facial features to deliver unprecedented performance and accuracy.
- Face Analytics Essential Pack - The convolutional neural network-based solution contains Face Detection X (next-generation face detection and tracking technology), face feature detection, face classification and emotion detection.
- Image Processing Unit - The first real-time AI-enabled imaging engine with support for encrypted networks. It offers on the edge processing for the lowest bandwidth and power consumption while encrypting neural networks in real time, with no decline in performance.
Single Camera Lens Blur - Executing with lightning fast pixel-level precision, this solution delivers outstanding results for all body orientations as well as realistic optical modelling of the bokeh effect. The
CNN-driven technology offers best-in-class performance, even in the most challenging photographic conditions.
- IrisXR™ - First in its class, highly secure (a false acceptance rate of 1 in 10 million) and with state-of-the-art liveness detection to prevent spoofing, IrisXR is a product for the AR, VR and MR markets.
- 360-Degree/VR Portrait Enhancement - FotoNation's seventh-generation face beautification suite brings together 19 dedicated features that combine the best imaging technologies available for flawless portraits in a spherical VR display space.
AUTOMOTIVE AND BROADCAST
Xperi's automotive and broadcast solutions that will be demonstrated at
Utilizing the embedded modem in the vehicle or a brought in paired device, DTS Connected Radio platform combines both over-the-air analog/digital AM/FM radio content with IP-delivered content to create an innovative AM/FM experience in the vehicle. DTS Connected Radio receives metadata, such as artist and song title, directly from local radio broadcasters, which is then paired with IP-delivered content, creating an engaging in-vehicle hybrid radio experience. DTS Connected Radio is planned to be commercially available in the second half of 2018.
At the core of FotoNation's DMS are leading computer vision technologies that enable attentiveness assessment, fatigue detection and driver drowsiness, as well as cabin security and customization options based on driver identity. On display will be the
DBI technology is a low-temperature hybrid wafer bonding solution that allows wafers to be bonded with scalable fine pitch 3D electrical interconnect without requiring bond pressure. ZiBond is a low-temperature homogenous direct bonding technology that forms strong bonds between wafers or die with same or different coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE).
For more information about
About Xperi Corporation
DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas,
PR Agency Contact:
The Brand Amp
News Provided by Acquire Media